November 12, 2008
Military Money Might has finally moved onto its own server! The blog is no longer hosted on WordPress. Now, the only place you will be able to find future blog postings will by at MilitaryMoneyMight.com.
You do not need to do anything except update your Favorites in your internet web browser like “Internet Explorer” or “Fire Fox”. You should continue to receive the blogs feeds either through your RSS Reader or over e-mail like normal. Please contact me if you do not receive new blog postings this week.
Please update your links with our new website address: http://militarymoneymight.com
Moving off of the WordPress servers should be a huge improvement to the blog. Now, all readers should be able to view the blog even on US Government computers! There is also no limit to the types of files that will be available for you to download on MilitaryMoneyMight.com. I will start uploading Excel spreadsheets, mortgage calculators, etc. very soon now that the new website is not restricted.
Thank you for all the support that you have given me over these past three months. I’ve really enjoyed every minute of it. I’m committed to growing the blog and helping members of the military, their families, federal government civilians, and anyone else who wants to learn about personal finance.
I am always looking for blog post ideas to write. So, if you have a question or a suggestion, please e-mail me through the blog’s contact page. I would love to hear from you. Thanks again….
September 30, 2008
Now that Military Money Might has been going strong for almost two months, I thought that I would share with you some of our most popular articles from the past sixty days. Please feel free to share these with your friends and family. Thanks…
Notable articles from the blog:
- Mutual Fund Recommendations From Money Magazine – The top seventy mutual funds rated by the magazine. If you are looking for a new fund to invest in, start with this list as a good screen.
- Kiplinger’s Personal Finance Magazine’s Top 25 Mutual Funds – My favorite personal finance magazine lists its top twenty-five mutual funds in its annual list. Kiplinger’s includes what it deems as the perfect portfolio asset allocations for different time in an investor’s life. For young investors, check out their long term portfolio.
- An Army Second Lieutenant (2LT) Will Earn Over $100,000 – My favorite rule of thumb is the “Rule of 72”. Find out how long it will take for your money to double in value…24 years at 3% for example.
- “Personal Finance 101” PowerPoint Presentation – Check out an introduction to personal finance.
- Knowing the Factors that Make Up Your Credit Score – Knowing the key attributes of your score will let you know how to improve it.
- Tips To Make Bill Paying Easier – Make things automatic with bill paying services on the internet. Pay yourself first and save in late fees.
- What Is a Good Stock: A Six Part Series – What characteristics make an individual stock a good investment? We covered many attributes over a week.
Blog Carnivals (The Best of the Blogshere):
Military Money Might was featured in the following Blog Carnivals this month…..
I hope that you have enjoyed the blog these past two months as much as I have enjoyed writing it and that you will continue reading. Thanks again….
September 29, 2008
I usually read about thirty blogs in my Google RSS reader. Thank goodness a lot of them do not post everyday. I follow both a lot of civilian and military personal finance blogs and some logistics blogs as well. I thought that I would share some of the articles from my feeder that I have saved as a favorite.
Notable articles from my reader:
Supply Chain & Logistics: